Don Jazzy (Michael Collins Ajereh), is a Nigerian Multi award-winning music producer, singer-songwriter, musician, former CEO of Nigerian record label Mo’ Hits Records founded in 2004 and is presently the CEO of Mavin Records label which was founded in May 2012.
1. First off, we embraced the switch from Mo Hits Records to Mavin Records as if it was extra icing on the cake.
2. He breeds “winners” under his record label. How many D’banj, Tiwa Savage, Wande Coal or Dr. Sid songs can we sing off the top of our heads? Much more than we actually thought we knew. How dare I forget his brother, the “Goody Bag Man” himself- D’Prince.
3. Don Jazzy was recently named the 36th “Most Powerful Celebrity in Africa” in 2014 according to Forbes. Pretty awesome if I must say!
4. Have you checked out his dress sense recently? From abadas to fitted suits and Rolex watches, Don Jazzy is always sharply put together.
5. He employed the use of the Dictionary for his record label name “Mavin Records” and yet again for part of his hit song title “Dorobucci”. Till today, I haven’t met one person who can properly define the term he made up “Dorobucci”, but since day one we have been singing that song to the top of our lungs as if we share personal history with it!
By Nikolai Obee