84-year-old man allegedly

An Octogenarian man, Gabriel Ahuwa, has been arrested for allegedly hacking his 75-year-old wife to death with a machete for refusing to sleep with him.

The 84-year-old man was one of the 198 suspects paraded on Wednesday, August 16, by the spokesperson of the Edo state police command, SP Chidi Nwabuzor, for armed robbery, kidnapping, unlawful possession of firearms, murder, cultism, among other crimes.

The spokesperson revealed that the suspect had been having conflicts with his wife due to her refusal to have sex with him. He noted that the suspect shows no remorse and believes that killing his wife is the best solution to his problem.

84-year-old man allegedly

Speaking with newsmen, Gabriel claimed that his wife had refused to get intimate with him for a long time but had been sleeping with other men.

“My wife is not listening to me, anytime I ask her to come and sleep with me, she always declines. We have seven children together, five boys and two girls,”
he said.

He said he reported the issue to his children and one of their daughters came to talk to his wife, but she remained resolute in her decision not to sleep with him.

“I reported the matter to my family and her family too but she failed to listen to them and continued her old ways and I was hearing information that pastors were sleeping with her.

“Each time I demanded for sex, either she would tell me she was sick, or she had an ulcer yet I was hearing rumours that she was sleeping with other men and I don’t have money to carry prostitutes,”

He said his wife also poisoned the minds of his children and they stopped sending him money and picking his calls.

“So on Saturday last week in the afternoon in the house, I pick up a cutlass and macheted her all over her body. I did it in anger because she is not obeying me, and I want people to know of it,”

He, however, said he regrets murdering his wife.

One of his sons, who wished to remain anonymous, refuted the accusation of abandoning their father. He also revealed that they sent him money just five days before the incident.

Leave a Reply