Lagos, Nigeria. 15th of December, 2020 – Africa’s most preferred smartphone brand, TECNO has this year garnered series of recognition for its innovative smartphones, from Techuncode and Africa Tech Radio.
Techuncode is an independent online media that solves the negative perception of Africans and Technology. At their recently concluded Techuncode awards, TECNO clinched the award for the Most Innovative Phone Brand for its POVA smartphone.
Africa Tech Radio is an online radio station focused solely on technology topics from start-ups, to tech reviews and tech disruption. At their maiden awards event, TECNO was recognised twice. The brand took home the award for the Most Innovative Smartphone 2020- TECNO POVA, as well as the award for the Most Preferred Smartphone Brand 2020.
POVA embodies TECNO’s forward thinking and distinct approach in delivering what actually matters to consumers. For reminder, TECNO POVA has officially been launched in November 2020. Here are some of the features that set the devise apart and endear consumers.
• Battery: 6000mAh battery provides users with standby time of 30 days and the ability to play music for 8 days straight.
• Flash Charger: 18W dual IC, increases 20% charging efficiency.
• Camera: 13 megapixel-focal length cameras on the rear and an 8-megapixel AI selfie front camera.
• Operating system: HiOS, the customized version of Android™ 10 mobile permits a wide range of user customization. The operating system also features an all-new design to bring consumers an intelligent and delightful system experience.
• Display: 6.8-inch dot in display screen offers immersive displays that avid gamers and streaming enthusiasts will appreciate. It gives you a screen with a 90.4% perfect screen ratio allowing for a much viewing experience that provides an extremely sharp display.
• Color: Magic Blue, Dazzle Black and Speed Purple
TECNO is no stranger to awards. Over the years, the brand’s innovative efforts have been recognised and applauded in diverse ways. Just few months ago in September, TECNO’s CAMON 16 Premier won the “Camera Technology Innovation Smartphone Gold Award” for its outstanding camera functions at IFA Germany– the world’s largest and most influential home appliance and consumer electronics event.
About TECNO Nigeria
TECNO is the premium mobile phone brand of TRANSSION Holdings with a comprehensive mobile device portfolio that cuts across feature phones, smartphones and tablets. As a brand, TECNO is dedicated to transforming state-of-the-art technologies into localized products under the guideline of “Think Globally, Act Locally”. Established in 2006, TECNO has presence in more than 50 countries across the globe. It is now one of the top three mobile phone brands in Africa and a major player worldwide. TECNO is also the Official Tablet and Handset Partner of Manchester City Football Club. For more information, please visit: www.tecno-mobile.com