A Nigerian man who is based abroad was left in a confused state after seeing that the Jollof rice he was making caused a state of panic in the building he resides.
The Nigerian man who is a filmmaker, took to his IG page to share how he was cooking Jollof rice and in the process of frying chicken, it got really smoky and this tripped off the fire alarm system.
Realizing that there was no fire anywhere else and that it was his smoke that set off the alarm, the man was confused as to how to tell occupants, who were already exiting the building because of the alarm, that it was his cooking that set off the alarm.
In the video he shared, occupants of the building are seen moving to an assembly point as they wait for the arrival of firefighters who stormed the place shortly after.
Sharing the video, the man wrote:
“How my sunday jollof rice cooking got Washington DC running to my apartment… when you see the jollof rice on the last slide plz tell me if it’s worth all this trouble”
Watch the video as you scroll,