Kenyan man reportedly kills

A 29-year-old Kenyan woman, identified as Florence Kaari, was allegedly murdered by her husband for returning home late on Sunday night, December 4, 2022.

The woman passed away while receiving medical attention in the hospital after her husband struck her with a blunt weapon on the head in their residence at Githurai 45.

According to Ruth Kaimenyi, who was serving as the family’s housekeeper, the man reportedly got home drunk around 1am and asked for the whereabouts of his wife.

“He came home drunk and asked where his wife was. I told him that she had not arrived, and he told me to get out of the house as he threatened me stating that I was supposed to know,” Ms Kaimenyi told the police.

Kenyan man reportedly kills

The housekeeper said Mrs. Kaari returned back 30 minutes after she was expelled from the home with a friend she could only identify as Ms. Gakii. When Mrs Kaari asked why she was outside, the housekeeper narrated what had happened.

Instead of taking the threats seriously, Mrs. Kaari went to knock on the door. Her husband who was already waiting for her, opened the door and the duo started fighting.

The deceased’s friend, Ms. Gakii, and housekeeper Ms. Kaimenyi, attempted to break up the fight, but the man became aggressive and started abusing them as well.

“Our attempts to stop them were futile. The husband instead started hurling insults at us calling Kaari’s friend a pr0stitute,” the housekeeper further revealed.

Shortly after the ruckus died down, one of the kids who was sleeping inside the house ran outside to meet the two women and told them that his mother had been struck in the head and was bleeding.

Mrs. Kaari was taken to the hospital but sadly, passed away in the early hours of Monday, December 5.

When the husband, who is presently being held by the police, was informed that his wife had died, he called his in-laws to inform them that she had consumed poison.

“I asked him how she had died and he told me that she had taken poison. This is despite the house being filled with blood stains,” Kaari’s father said.

The police boss of Kasarani Police Station, Mr Anthony Mbogo, who confirmed the incident on Tuesday, December 6, said that police officers and detectives attached to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) had already visited the scene and processed it

“They also arrested the suspect who was then taken from Githurai 44 police station and is currently held at Kasarani Police station,” said Mbogo.

Leave a Reply