A newborn baby is currently fighting for her life, after a burning lantern fell on her, shortly after her delivery in Calabar, Cross River state.
According to an Instagram user identified as Big Beezy who shared the story on the platform, the baby’s mother, Mrs Okon Daniel, went to a “traditional delivery home” to have her child due to lack of funds to go to a modern hospital.
At the traditional delivery home, a lantern was used to illuminate the room as there was no power supply, however, just as the baby made her way out, the lantern mistakenly fell over and caused an explosion which in turn burnt the baby.
The baby who is now four days old, has been transferred to another hospital in Calabar for better treatment.
Watch video below,