A gas explosion has rocked Best Roof Cooking Gas in Baruwa area of Alimosho Local Government of Lagos state in the early hours of today Thursday, 8th October, 2020.

According to reports, the incident occured around 6am this morning and left residents of the community scampering to safety.

The explosion affected several houses, a primary school and other properties. It was gathered that four persons lost their lives while many others were severely injured.

The LASEMA Director-General, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, confirming the incident in statement said,

“On arrival at the scene of the incident, it was observed that there was a gas explosion at the aforementioned location.

“Further investigation at the scene revealed that the gas station belonging to Best Roof Cooking Gas exploded by burning buildings around. The cause of the explosion could not be ascertained at the moment.

“Unfortunately, four mortalities were recorded and several others injured.

“A combined effort of the Agency’s Tiger team, Dolphin team, LRU Fire, LASG Fire Service, NPF, NUPENG, and LNSC are on ground to curtail the spread of the fire to other buildings.”

Watch the video below,



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here