Noel Clarke, a British actor, has confessed that he considered suicide after more than 20 women accused him of sexual misconduct.
Clarke maintained at the time that he “vehemently” denied any sexual misbehavior or criminal activity, and that no criminal charges had been filed against him.
The actor added that he was deeply sorry if any of his actions affected people in a way he did not intend or realise.
Speaking to The Mail on Sunday, Clarke disclosed that he considered cutting his own throat with a knife, but a question from his 11-year-old son snapped him out of it.
In 2021, the Guardian published the allegations of misconduct from the women who all knew Clarke in a professional capacity.
“Twenty years of work was gone in 24 hours. I lost everything,’ he told the newspaper, adding that his career has been cancelled by the allegations. The company I built from the ground up, my TV shows, my movies, my book deals, the industry respect I had. In my heart and my head it has damaged me in a way I cannot articulate.” Clarke told The Mail.
Following the claims against Clarke, ITV canceled the final episode of the drama Viewpoint in which he starred, and Sky, which had shown Clarke’s series Bulletproof, announced that it would no again work with him.
His membership in Bafta was also revoked, as was his prize for outstanding British contribution to cinema, which he had received in 2021.
However, in March of this year, police announced that no criminal investigation would be undertaken into allegations of sexual misconduct leveled against him.
Scotland Yard said in a statement in March 2022 that expert officers had conducted a comprehensive investigation, but the information did not reach the threshold for a criminal probe.