A first year student of Taraba State University, Emoseh Lawi, has died following a fire outbreak at a female hostel in the school.

Lawi is said to have been sleeping in her room at Zenith hostel when the unfortunate incident happened on Friday night, December 10. The deceased was in a deep sleep and didn’t know there was fire outbreak.

Her fellow students forced the door, windows open, pulled her out and rushed her to the state specialist hospital where she was confirmed dead.

“I was told the said lady went to read all through the night for her examination and returned very weak, hence she slept off. The cause of this fire is from an electrical socket which sparked repeatedly and suddenly gutted the mattress next to it from which it spread all over.

“When she was brought out of the hostel, she was totally unconscious and could barely stand before the school security men came to pick her up with a Toyota Hilux and she was rushed to the hospital,” An eyewitness told newsmen.

The Institution’s Information Director, Sa’ad Mohammed who confirmed the incident, said the root cause of the fire outbreak must be uncovered to avoid a recurrence.

The Taraba State Police Command’s spokesperson, Usman Abdullahi, who also confirmed the incident revealed the police has started investigation into what happened.

Previous articleYoung man bursts into tears after meeting rapper, Olamide for the first time (WATCH)
Next article“This is the first investment towards her future” – Proud Father writes as he gifts his daughter a sachet water production company on her first birthday

Leave a Reply